Prime Day is quickly approaching. That means great deals on Amazon. However, you don’t have to wait until Prime Day rolls around each year. Here are 5 tricks to save money on Amazon all year long.
5 Best Tricks to Save Money on Amazon
**This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. I only recommend products that I use and love.
#1 – Sign up for Amazon Prime.
If you’re not already a Prime member, you should definitely become one. There are so many benefits of Prime Membership.
- You can’t participate in Prime Day if you don’t have Amazon Prime.
- Free 2-day shipping
- Stream and download movies and TV shows with Prime Video
- Get books before their official publication with Prime Reading
- Get free music with Prime Music
Click to get a free 30-day trial of Amazon Prime.
#2 – Load items you want into your shopping cart.
Amazon’s prices are constantly fluctuating. If you see something you want, but it seems a bit expensive, add it to your cart. Don’t buy it right away. Check back periodically and see if the price went down. Snatch it up when the price is lower.
You can also use the website CamelCamelCamel to see the price history of items on Amazon. That way, you can see what the lowest price was and wait for it to go back down again.
Of course, this strategy won’t work if you need something right away. That’s why I start browsing long before I actually need things. I start looking for Christmas gifts for my kids over the summer and use this strategy.
#3 – Ask for Amazon gift cards.
When my students ask me what I want for Christmas or end of the year gifts, I always say Amazon gift cards. I also ask for them from family members for my birthday and other holidays. Since I can purchase things for school and home from Amazon, it is the perfect gift.
Once I save up enough gift cards, I add them onto my Amazon account and never have to pay money for things I’m buying.
#4 – Price match with other sites.
Don’t automatically assume that Amazon has the lowest prices. Be sure to check the websites of other stores that carry the item you’re buying. You just might be able to find it cheaper somewhere else. I generally look at Walmart, Kmart, and Target before purchasing on Amazon.
Also, check the reviews of the items on other websites. Getting as many different opinions about the product will help you make sure you’re making a good choice.
#5 – Use Ebates for even more savings.
If you’re not using Ebates, you have to sign up now! You will get money back just for shopping online. When you’re shopping on Amazon, watch for the Ebates button to show up at the top of your screen. It will tell you what percentage of cash you’ll get back. Click to activate it and shop as you normally would. Then, wait for your Ebates check to arrive in the mail. If you join by clicking my link, you will get $10 free.
Other Amazing Things About Amazon
- Amazon has amazing customer service! If there is an issue with an item you purchased from Amazon, simply email their customer service. They will get back to you quickly and solve the problem.
- You can really get anything on Amazon. Need things for your classroom? Amazon has them. Need things for your house? Amazon has them. Need to buy food? You can now buy from Whole Foods through Amazon. It’s really one-stop shopping.
- Amazon tracks all of your purchases. This is a good thing for a few reasons. First of all, if you get something you really like but you forget what it was called, you can look back in your purchase history and find it. This is also great for taxes. At the end of the year you can find out exactly how much you spent on school supplies and write them off on your taxes.
Check out these posts for my favorite teaching supplies to buy on Amazon.
Discover some ways to save money on your grocery bill.
Want more tips to make teaching less stressful? Sign up for the Teach Without Tears newsletter below, and join our private Facebook group to ask all your questions.
What Do You Think?
How do you save money on Amazon?
Let me know in the comments below.
I’d also love to hear what amazing deals you get on Prime Day!